Last updated on May 1st, 2023 at 01:04 am
When you replace your Brother HL-3075CW toner cartridges with the Brother-branded cartridges, the printer will typically recognize the cartridge and automatically update itself to stop displaying messages indicating that the toner is low or out.
But if you have used a third-party toner cartridge, such as these ones sold by Amazon, then you may run into a problem where the printer still tells you that you need to replace the toner. Fortunately you can resolve this issue by manually resetting the Brother HL-3075CW toner cartridges. This can be done individually for each cartridge, and you can even indicate whether you have used a normal or high-capacity cartridge.
Here is how to reset a Brother HL-3075CW toner cartridge –
- Open the cover as if you were going to replace a toner cartridge.
- Press the Secure Print and Cancel buttons at the same time. You just need to press them. You don’t need to hold them.
- Use the up and down arrows to scroll through the options on the LED panel until you find the one that you want. K is Black, C is Cyan, M is Magenta, Y is Yellow. The STD option is for the normal-capacity cartridges, STR is for the high-capacity cartridges.
- Press the OK button to confirm the selection, then press it again if prompted.
- Lower the lid. The panel should now indicate that the printer is ready.
If you are having trouble getting the toner menu to come up after pressing Secure Print and Cancel, then turn the printer off, and turn it back on again. I have run into this issue in the past if there was a document in the print queue, and restarting the printer allowed me to resolve the problem.
Click here to visit Amazon to see some less-expensive third party toner cartridges for the Brother HL-3075CW printer and save yourself some money the next time that you need to replace your toner.
Matthew Burleigh has been writing tech tutorials since 2008. His writing has appeared on dozens of different websites and been read over 50 million times.
After receiving his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computer Science he spent several years working in IT management for small businesses. However, he now works full time writing content online and creating websites.
His main writing topics include iPhones, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Android, and Photoshop, but he has also written about many other tech topics as well.