- When you log out of Spotify on your iPhone, you will be exiting the account that is currently signed in. You will need to know the username and password to sign back in later.
- Logging out of your Spotify account will not delete any of the playlists that you had previously saved to the device for offline playback.
- This method works for any kind of Spotify account, regardless of whether it’s a free account of a Spotify Premium account.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Choose the Home tab at the bottom-left, then tap the gear icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap Log Out.
- Touch the Log Out button again to confirm.
When you sign up for a free or premium Spotify account on your mobile device or through Spotify.com, you gain access to the service’s huge library of music and audio programming.
But you may have signed up for more than one account, or you may have someone in your home that has a premium account versus your free account, and you’d like to sign into one of those other accounts on your Apple device.
Luckily it’s possible to sign out of the Spotify account that is currently logged in on your iPhone so that you can sign in with a different account.
Last update on 2023-03-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API | As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Log Out of Spotify on iPhone
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.4. I am using the most current version of the Spotify app that was available when this article was written.
Step 1: Open the Spotify app.
Step 2: Select the Home tab at the bottom of the screen, then touch the gear button at the top right.
Step 3: Choose the Log Out button at the bottom of this screen.
Step 4: Tap Log Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of the account.
More Information on Logging Out of Spotify on an iPhone
- The method for logging out of Spotify on an Android device, such as a Google Pixel, is nearly identical.
- Once you sign out of your Spotify account, you will lose access to your library on the device until you sign back in. This means any Spotify playlist that you’ve followed or created will be inaccessible on the device.
- There is a “Sign Out Everywhere” option if you are signed into your account at spotify.com. Simply click your account icon at the top right of the screen, then choose the Account option from the dropdown menu. Choose the Account Overview tab at the left side of the screen, then scroll down and click the Sign Out Everywhere button near the bottom of the Account Overview page. This will log you out of any device where you are currently signed in, such as an iPad, Mac, or Web browsers.
Find out how to download an entire Spotify playlist on your iPhone if you want to listen to it in offline mode in the future.
Matthew Burleigh has been writing tech tutorials since 2008. His writing has appeared on dozens of different websites and been read over 50 million times.
After receiving his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computer Science he spent several years working in IT management for small businesses. However, he now works full time writing content online and creating websites.
His main writing topics include iPhones, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Android, and Photoshop, but he has also written about many other tech topics as well.