You can view the list of your iPhone apps with Siri & Search compatibility and functionality by going to Settings > Siri & Search > and then scrolling down to view the list of apps.
Siri can make your iPhone a lot easier to use, so it’s only natural to try and use it with some of your apps.
But not all of them are compatible with Siri, so you might wonder how to determine which ones are.
Our tutorial below will show you how to view a list of Siri-compatible apps that are installed on your iPhone.
Summary – How to Find Out if an iPhone App Can Use Siri
- Open Settings.
- Select Siri & Search.
- View the list of apps.
- Select an app to view and change permissions.
Our guide continues below with additional information on how to see which Iphone apps have Siri access, including pictures of these steps.
The iOS 10 update for your iPhone provided some new capabilities for Siri.
Specifically, apps can now be integrated with Siri so that you can perform tasks within that app. It isn’t available for every app yet, but you can use some popular ones, such as Uber or Venmo, by enabling those apps in the Siri menu.
Our guide below will show you where to find the Siri app menu so that you can view the list of installed apps on your iPhone that have Siri capabilities, then you can elect to enable or disable them if you would like to be able to control those apps by speaking into your phone’s microphone.
Related Topic: You can visit our how to find installed apps on iPhone guide for a simpler way to find an app that is installed on your device.
Old Method – How to View Siri App Integration on an iPhone (Guide with Pictures)
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 7 Plus, in iOS 10.2. This will show you how to find the menu that displays the list of apps currently on your iPhone which have Siri functionality.
Step 1: Open the iPhone Settings menu.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap the Siri button.
Step 3: Select the App Support option at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: View the list of installed apps that you can enable to use with Siri.
You can grant an app Siri access by tapping the button to the right of that app, or you can remove Siri access by disabling a currently-enabled app. An app is enabled with Siri when there is green shading around the button.
Siri can do a lot of things on your iPhone, if it is a feature that you haven’t really had time to explore yet. Read about some of Siri’s functionality to get an idea of the functions you can perform on your iPhone with Siri voice control.
Frequently Asked Questions About Siri and iPhone Apps
Siri, Apple’s voice-activated virtual assistant, can work with iPhone apps to do a number of tasks to make your life easier and more convenient. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about Siri’s ability to interact with iPhone apps:
1. What exactly is Siri, and how does it interact with iPhone apps?
Siri is an Apple virtual assistant that combines voice recognition and natural language processing to execute activities on your iPhone, such as communicating with and controlling different apps.
2. How can I turn on Siri on my iPhone?
You can activate Siri by saying “Hey Siri” followed by your command, or by pressing and holding the Home button (on earlier iPhone models) or the side button (on newer devices).
3. Does Siri have the ability to open and launch apps on my iPhone?
Siri can, in fact, open and run apps on your iPhone. Simply say, “Hey Siri, open [app name],” and Siri will do the rest.
4. Can Siri use iPhone apps to send text messages or make phone calls?
Siri can use iPhone apps such as Messages and Phone to send text messages and make phone calls. Simply say, “Hey Siri, send a text message to [contact] saying [message]” or “Hey Siri, call [contact],” and Siri will assist you.
5. Is Siri capable of playing music from my favorite music app?
Siri can, in fact, play music from popular music apps such as Apple Music and Spotify. Siri can be programmed to play specific songs, artists, playlists, or genres.
6. Is Siri capable of controlling smart home gadgets via iPhone apps?
Through iPhone apps, Siri can operate smart home gadgets that are compatible with the HomeKit framework. Siri may be used to control lighting, thermostats, and other devices.
7. Can Siri use iPhone apps to generate and manage calendar events and reminders?
Siri can use the Calendar and Reminders applications to create and manage calendar events and reminders. You may ask Siri to set alarms, organize meetings, and make to-do lists.
8. Can Siri provide directions and navigate using my iPhone’s navigation apps?
Yes, Siri can give directions and navigate using mapping apps such as Apple Maps or Google Maps. You may use Siri to get directions to a specific location, search for nearby businesses, and get real-time traffic information.
9. Can Siri check the weather on my iPhone using a weather app?
Siri can check the weather using data from your iPhone’s weather app. Simply say, “Hey Siri, what’s the weather like today?” and Siri will tell you the current weather and forecast.
10. Can Siri use the Mail app to read and respond to emails?
- Using the Mail app, Siri can read your emails and draft responses. Siri can read your most recent emails, respond to messages, and even write new emails.
11. Can Siri use my favourite web browser to search the internet?
- Siri can conduct web searches in your favorite browser. You can, for example, say, “Hey Siri, search the web for [query],” and Siri will open your default browser with search results.
12. Can Siri communicate with third-party apps on my iPhone?
- Siri can communicate with third-party apps that feature Siri integration. Third-party app developers can use this functionality to create voice commands and actions for their apps.
13. Can Siri recommend restaurants and make reservations through restaurant apps?
- Siri can make restaurant recommendations and reservations through applications such as OpenTable and Yelp. Siri can locate nearby restaurants, read reviews, and make bookings.
14. Can Siri use translation applications on my iPhone to translate languages?
- Siri can use translation apps to translate languages. You may use translation apps like Google Translate to ask Siri to convert phrases or words into different languages.
15. Can Siri use the Clock app to set alarms and timers?
- With the Clock app, Siri can set alarms, timers, and even start a stopwatch. You can ask Siri to set an alarm or a countdown timer for a specified time.
Siri’s integration with iPhone apps is growing, allowing you to conduct a variety of tasks and obtain information quickly and easily. Siri can help you streamline your interactions with your iPhone apps, whether you need help with communication, navigation, work, or entertainment.
Matthew Burleigh has been writing tech tutorials since 2008. His writing has appeared on dozens of different websites and been read over 50 million times.
After receiving his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computer Science he spent several years working in IT management for small businesses. However, he now works full time writing content online and creating websites.
His main writing topics include iPhones, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Android, and Photoshop, but he has also written about many other tech topics as well.