YouTube recently launched a new service called YouTube Gaming that caters specifically to people who want to watch gaming-related videos and streams. This service can be watched on a computer or mobile device. If you wish to watch YouTube Gaming on your iPhone, then there is a dedicated app which you can download through the App Store.
Our guide below will show you how to find this app and install it so that you can start watching YouTube Gaming on your iPhone.
Downloading the YouTube Gaming App
The steps below were performed on an iPhone 6 Plus, in iOS 8.4. These same steps will work for other iPhone models running the same version of iOS, as well as other iPhone models running iOS 7 or higher.
Note that streaming video can consume your cellular data very quickly. If you are concerned about this, them you may wish to limit the app to Wi-Fi only. This guide will show you how to disable cellular data usage for an individual app.
- Step 1: Open the App Store.
- Step 2: Select the Search option at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Type “youtube gaming” into the search field at the top of the screen, then tap the blue Search button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: Tap the Get button next to the YouTube Gaming app.
- Step 5: Tap the Install button. You may be prompted to enter your iTunes password, or to confirm the action with your Touch ID.
Once the app has finished installing, you can open it by tapping the Open button to the right of the app.
If you like to watch gaming videos, then Twitch is a great option. And if you have an Apple TV, then you can read this article to learn how to watch Twitch on your television via the AirPlay feature on your Apple TV.
Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site.